Bylaw Changes to be Dealt with at the 29 January 2022 AGM
Whereas the bylaw documents for Calgary Co-operative Memorial Society Ltd were returned unfiled by Corporate Registry with a requirement to modify the following bylaw amendments proposed in January 2021:
- Bylaw 1 List definitions for: Member, Board, Board of Directors, Executive, and Officer.
- Bylaw 11: Thes item referring to removing the name from optional bulletin information was not related to member lists. The item was removed and a new one is being presented:
(d) A member may advise the Cooperative in writing not to include that person’s name on the list referred to in 11 a., in which case that name is to be deleted from the list and notice shall be provided on the list that it is incomplete.
- Bylaw 17(a) The notice for a meeting of members: To not less than 10 days.
- Bylaw 17(b)(i) need to add the item back in: “by posting a notice at the office.”
- Bylaw 23 – only an amendment to the Articles of Incorporation can change the number of directors. An amendment to Article #4 must be submitted and filed first to effect this change.