Cemeteries in Lethbridge, Medicine Hat & Taber
There are a number of cemetery providers in southern Alberta from local government to privately-owned companies and religious organizations. In keeping with our mandate to provide our members with lower cost funeral options and plans, we list only municipal cemeteries. If you are looking for an alternative location, please consult with one of our service providers.
Lethbridge Municipal Cemeteries
There are four municipal cemeteries located in Lethbridge: Archmount, Mountain View, Royal View Memorial and St. Patrick's, all owned and operated by the City of Lethbridge.
Call 403-320-3008 or email email@example.com
Mail: City of Lethbridge Cemetery Services
910 - 4 Avenue South
Lethbridge, AB T1J 0P6
1. Royal View Memorial 5920 13 St. North, Lethbridge, AB
2. Archmount Cemetery 2650 Westside Drive
- was originally a privately owned cemetery developed in West Lethbridge in the early 1950s. The City of Lethbridge became responsible for the operation and administration of Archmount Memorial Gardens Cemetery on Feb 2, 1982.
- All records and interments for Archmount Cemetery are looked after from the Cemetery Administration Office located at Mountain View Cemetery 1210 Scenic Drive South in Lethbridge.
- Two full business days notice is required to schedule interments in this cemetery.
- Click Here for the Archmount Cemetery Block Map.
3. Mountain View Cemetery, 1210 Scenic Drive South, Lethbridge.
- The main entrance is straight through the gates west of the Immortal Flame.
- This cemetery originated as a direct request for interment space on the south side of the city when the old Pioneer Cemetery (St. Patrick's) could no longer meet the needs of citizens.
- In 1901 the Anglican Church started a private cemetery originating with Plan One - Block One located in the centre of today's Mountain View, purchased by the City in 1942.
- In 1905, Undertaker B. C. Moore started a second private cemetery just east of the original Anglican Church block, subsequently turned over to the City in 1909.
- In 1909, the death of Lou Louenthal prompted the Hebrew Community in Lethbridge to start their own cemetery. They purchased 1.2 acres west of Moore's Cemetery. Eventually this cemetery became part of Mountain View Cemetery. Today it is maintained by the City under a special arrangement.
- Click Here for the Mountain View Cemetery Block Map
4. St. Patrick's Cemetery 525 6th Avenue North, Lethbridge
- was built in December of 1886.
- Access to the cemetery is at 6th Avenue and Stafford Drive adjacent to Dave Elton Park.
- This cemetery was referred to as the Miners' Cemetery and the Pioneer Cemetery in the early days and was divided into three sections: a Roman Catholic section on the west, a Protestant section on the east and a Chinese section on the south east.
- The interment records for this cemetery were completely destroyed in a church fire in the early 1950's. Today the interment records we are able to access were provided courtesy of the Alberta Genealogical Society Lethbridge Branch based solely on headstones already in place before the fire so are incomplete in many cases as families could not always afford to place a monument.
- All records and interments for St. Patrick's Cemetery are looked after from the Cemetery Administration Office located at Mountain View Cemetery 1210 Scenic Drive South in Lethbridge.
- Click Here for St. Patrick's Cemetery Block Map
Hillside Municipal Cemetery Highway 3 and 10 Avenue S.W. (two blocks west of the Trans Canada Highway) Medicine Hat, Ab.
- has been in existence since 1886 and has been a municipal operation since 1909.
- Over 1600 trees of varying species
Taber Memorial Gardens (Municipal Cemetery) west side of 50th Street (approximately 1 mile north of 64th Avenue) Taber, AB.
- Taber Memorial Gardens is owned, maintained and administered by the Town of Taber
- offers a variety of burial options.
- Non-denominational and inclusive by design the cemetery has special areas including two Field of Honor sections and in partnership with Southland Funeral Chapel, a Columbarium.
- All gravesites designated as full in-ground burial sites but burial of cremated remains occur as well.
- Taber Memorial Gardens Map
- Town of Taber Administration Office, A-4900 50 Street, Taber, AB T1G 1T1
- (403) 223-5500 firstname.lastname@example.org